Aged 20 to 34 years old, Generation Y workers are often seen as different in their ap-proach to work. There are plenty of qualifiers to define then: flexible, social, technologi-cal... But is this generation all that different? A Canadian study by the Deloitte firm has just reshuffled the deck a bit.
This is one of the recommendations made by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) to stem recurring labour needs. In a recent study, the organization also reverses some myths concerning the temporary foreign worker (TFW) program.
What do we know about the psychological differences between generations at work? The Hudson talent solutions company looked into this issue in its recent study: "The Great Generational Shift: Why The Differences Between Generations Will Reshape Your Workplace." While Baby Boomers are shown to be decision makers, Generation X appears to be more ambitious and Generation Y more able to inspire than compel...
Big data is revolutionizing the world of human resources just as much as social networks revolutionized communications. And such a revolution cannot be accomplished overnight. Companies and recruiters who manage to be well prepared and find solutions that are tailored to their needs will lead this technological shift.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation recently appealed to the federal government to prohibit the use of electronic cigarettes in public and work places. Without clear regulations across Canada, several municipalities, provinces and institutions have taken action on their own.
Increased flexibility in employment is a fundamental reality in today’s labour market. Popular with employees looking for a better balance between their personal and professional lives, these flexible ways of working are indeed source of great benefits, but also cause some drawbacks for employers.
Experts are divided over the impact of the growth of robots, software and artificial intelligence. This can be seen in a study published by the American research center, Pew, where 48% of respondents believe that automation will destroy jobs and also increase income inequality. The remaining 52%, for their part, see automation as an opportunity to rid ourselves of unwanted tasks and create new jobs for the human workforce.