1. Specializing in the production of visual effects and animation, Cinesite has announced it is creating 500 new jobs at its Montreal studio.
2. Home Depot plans to increase its workforce by 6,000 people in Canada over the next few weeks, as it expects sales to grow during the spring season.
3. Marwen, the manufacturer of wind towers in Matane, will hire 70 new employees thanks to a new contract in the US.
4. In Mauricie, Robko is reviving a carpentry factory, which will consolidate 25 jobs and create another 25.
5. The multinational producer of medical equipment Medtronic expects to create 47 jobs in the Montreal area over the next few years thanks to a major investment.
1. As part of a plan to reduce its global workforce, Bombardier will eliminate 2,400 jobs in Quebec over the next two years.
2. It does not get any better in Mirabel, where Bell Helicopter reduced its production rate and laid off 200 employees.
3. The aluminum giant Rio Tinto Alcan has eliminated 200 management positions.
4. The IGA in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts will close on March 24th: 75 people will lose their jobs.
5. Tembec has indefinitely suspended the activities of its plant in Senneterre, in Abitibi, resulting in the layoff of 148 people.