This role will be responsible for managing a team providing standards compliance and safety engineering technical feedback and assessment for, ongoing product development, industry technical standards and committee representation and customer inquiries regarding use and product safety. This role will also oversee the administration of Skyjack’s safety training program regarding the use of our products.
· Develop Skyjack requirements, protocols and compliance of machines within these requirements including but not limited to reviewing and assisting in the development of: the machine design, Operating and Parts & Service manuals, labeling of units, sales and marketing material, manufacturing processes and documentation and creating and reviewing customer response documents
· Provide technical assistance and product safety input to product development activities, including conducting safety reviews of new concepts and machines.
· Oversee safety training program for Skyjack’s products.
· Assist customers with issues relating to the use of Skyjack’s products and Product Safety.
· Respond to customer inquiries regarding product safety standards and the use of Skyjack products.
· Represent Skyjack at safety related shows, conferences, industry committees and technical standards development activities.
· Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location.
· Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Linamar’s Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
· Support and maintain department lean initiatives.
· Perform other tasks/projects as assigned.
· Must possess a Bachelor degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Safety Engineering with a P.Eng designation.
· Strong technical writing skills and experience is essential.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Possess the ability to clearly communicate to all organizational levels both internally and externally.
· Possesses and actively promotes excellence in Problem Solving skills, and able to work effectively in groups, as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
· Process thinker with a strong statistical mind with the ability to interpret and communicate data.
· Technical standards committee experience would be a definite advantage.
· Experience participating in safety reviews would be an asset.
· Experience with Safety Standards and Regulations would be a definite asset.
· Up to three (3) years of experience working with mobile equipment is preferred.
Why Linamar / Skyjack
· Opportunities to grow your career.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjacks safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet the full requirements for this position.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request