The Amazon Compensation team is adding a Software Development Engineer to to drive best in class engineering and testing of compensation products built on AWS.
A day in the life
Daily this role will be working with the rest of the team to drive excellence via strong code delivery, pull request review, testing strategy, collaboration with the product team and system design
About the hiring group
The Anchor team delivers compensation applications that impact every Amazon employee. The team believes in collaboration, sharing knowledge and engineering excellence. Every customer of ours is an employee and we take that responsibility seriously.
· Delivery of software features
· Defining testing strategy
· Establishing metrics and monitor performance
· Participate in team design decisions
· Mentor SDE1s and interns
· Collaborating with product team on implementation
· Work with the broader team to improve alignment and contributed to shared repositories
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Previous technical internship(s).
· Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
· Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, Dynamo, Neptune, SQS, Api Gateway
· Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.