Position title: Manager, HR Projects and Process Improvement
Reports to: Director of HR Shared Services & Process Improvement
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and airlaid nonwovens. Domtar’s annual sales are approximately $3.7 billion, and its common stock is traded on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges.
With approximately 6,600 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Reporting to the Director of HR Shared Services & Process Improvement, you will be responsible for continually improving HR’s ability to provide services to its customers both in Domtar’s corporate locations and in the mill and converting sites.
You will also be responsible to lead the continued development of the HR Process Improvement function including methodology & roles, and expand its audience beyond HRSS to all of HR.
The Team Lead responsibilities include strengthening team through individual development plans, prioritizing & allocating work, and reviewing & adjusting team member job descriptions as the PI, project, system and analytics services evolve.
• Develop and implement process improvement methodology within and beyond the team.
• Build and oversee timeline to review and deliver all HRSS processes and procedures, then expand to lead review of the remaining processes of the broader HR organization.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the team ensuring that workload priorities, timelines and commitments are respected.
• Create an environment that promotes teamwork and accountability.
• Develop a project management mindset (scope and timeline management) and encourage critical thinking and problem-solving among team members.
• Support the development of an HR systems roadmap, in conjunction with HR Leadership and the HRIS (HR Information Systems) team.
• Educate HR community on existing HR systems and on the value, functionality and opportunities new HRIS would afford the HR team.
• Support implementation of HR systems roadmap.
• Provide coaching and guidance to improve staff performance and capabilities.
• Identify training needs to develop team skills.
• Review and document roles and responsibilities of each team member.
Key Skills:• Ability to consistently gain the confidence and respect of others, including when leading initiatives with broad change management impacts (system and process).
Professional Experience/Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) as well as p re- employment verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Our offer:• A downtown location (Place des Arts metro);