Human Resources Generalist - Talent Acquisition & Employee Retention
JAM Industries, Making the world sound better, one brand at a time! Do these words sound like music to your ears? Are you ready to Hear IT, See IT, Live IT and JAM IT?
Choosing JAM Industries, means joining the largest distributor of consumer electronic goods, pro-audio equipment and musical instruments in the WORLD. Since 1972, our love of music has driven us towards continuous innovation which has allowed us to stay true to our mission of delivering ONLY the best customer service!
Jam Industries has been voted one of Canada's Best Managed Company's in 2018! Companies that have accomplished this great achievement have one thing in common: They focus on their employees! This award is a true symbol of our success & dedication towards our JAMmers!
Come JAM with us… we not only work hard but play just as hard. Want to take your career to the next level? Click here to view all our current openings! http://jamindustries.com/careers/
Ready to join our team? Here is why we are one big, happy JAMily…
· We got your health in check – we offer a wide range of competitive group benefits such Health & Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, Short and Long-Term Disability as well as a generous wellness incentive and an Employee Assistance Program
· We value work life balance and offer a causal and fun environment
· Lively social calendar…there's always something for everyone!!
· Generous employee discount on all of our cool gear
· Convenient location with access to free parking
· On-going learning opportunities
· Not to mention the opportunity to work in a highly talented, winning team!
Come groove with us…we are in pursuit of creative, confident, charismatic go-getters!
Currently looking for: Human Resources Generalist (HRG)
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Generalist, the HRG is responsible for the day-to-day management HR activities. Acting as the primary point of contact for general HR-related questions and managing HR activities including full-cycle recruitment for Canada, compliance with local and Federal legal requirements, employee's life cycle and implementation of policies for a specific territory. The position is located in Baie d'Urfé, QC. The hours for this position are 8:30PM-5:30PM. Remote due to Covid.
What you will do:
· Responsible for the complete recruiting process for his/her territory including: meeting with the manager to discuss the mandate, creating/reviewing the job posting, uploading resumes into the database, maintaining the activity report, initial phone screening of candidate, setting up interview(s), conducting the first round of in-person interviews, where applicable, and determining if the candidate will meet with the Hiring Manager, administering pre-employments tests, completing the reference checks and background check, and extending the offer to the candidate;
· Preparation of new hire paperwork; completion of new hire orientation;
· Liase with external employment agencies, where applicable;
· Handle employee relations issues for the specific territory including answering employee questions, career planning and provide guidance to managers and supervisors regarding, disciplinary issues, investigations, terminations, etc.;
· Management of employee's engagement life cycle
· Conducting exit interviews with employees who have resigned from the Company;
· Assist with the performance review process;
· Assisting with the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination and ensuring that all policies and procedures are in compliance with laws in his/her specific territory;
· Preparing reports in conformance with legislative requirements and organizational needs;
· Lead miscellaneous HR projects as they arise;
· Other administrative duties including filing of paperwork pertaining to his/her territory, replacing at Reception in the event of absence.
What we are looking for:
· Completed Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred;
· 3 - 5 years business experience working on progressive Human Resources teams;
· Knowledge and application of Canadian labor standards as well as US labor regulations;
· Demonstrated proficiency in Recruitment, knowledge of best practices, use of applicant tracking system (Taleo) and social media to attract best talent.
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office especially with MS Excel; experience in creating HR dashboards an asset.
· Working knowledge of HRIS and resume database management tools considered a must;
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal) in both French and English;
· Strong follow-through & exceptional attention to detail;
· Strong problem solving, organization & analytical skills;
· Sense of urgency, ability to set priorities and get tasks completed on time;
· Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to maintain effectiveness during change;
· Ability to function under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair mindedness;
· Ability to negotiate, persuade, conceptualize, develop and implement ideas and strategy.
· Able to coach, instruct, motivate and be effective before a large and diversified group.
· Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be able to travel occasionally to our various US locations.
Ready to start?
While we appreciate your interest, please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.