Workforce Specialist, , ISAGE & READY bridging Programs
Job ID # 7031.
Location: North York, Ontario, Type: Full- time/ contract until March 31st, 2023, with possibility of renewal
Starting date: ASAP
Reporting to: Manager, ISAGE & READY bridging Programs
International Skills Applied to Geriatrics (ISAGE) and the new Recruitment for Equity, Accessibility and Diversity (READY) bridge training programs are delivered from the North office in partnership with George Brown College and other stakeholders. ISAGE provides internationally trained professionals with essential skills for successful integration into the Canadian labour market in the field of Social Services and Geriatrics. Project READY offers an alternative career pathway for internationally trained professionals with relevant backgrounds to integrate into the field of Recruitment and Job Development.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Build productive ongoing relationships with new and existing employers and develop employment opportunities from within the hidden job market, using random and targeted lead generation approaches
• Perform active community outreach and employer engagement
• Meet client job placement and retention targets in a timely manner
• Generate job leads and share them with bridging programs’ participants for both post program placements and employment opportunities
• Market participating clients to employers and advocate on clients’ behalf to employers
• Carry out job development using JVS’ consultative sales model including prospecting (cold calling), networking, employer needs analysis, features/benefits and other job development and sales techniques
• Post jobs on the organization’s website and social media
• Use strong research skills to gain a full understanding of job postings and to create viable client matches
• Maintain detailed employer and client records; enter all required information into various CRM systems; produce statistical reports
• Continually monitor labour-market trends; maintain ongoing, effective communication with clients, employers and the Jewish community
• Provide support to additional JVS projects, effectively assessing client strengths, needs and job placement readiness. Negotiate employment opportunities that meet both client and employer needs
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• College Diploma in HR, Business, Social Science, or related
• 1-2 years of job development, employment outreach, and/or marketing experience
• Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time-management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a steady increase in targets for all stakeholder groups
• Demonstrated understanding of the ISAGE and READY bridging programs
• Strong computer skills; the ability to learn systems used by the agency (ie. SalesForce) and social media channels for outreach
Our ideal candidate will also have:
• Knowledge supporting with internationally trained professionals in finding employment in Canada
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.