At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a Sr. HR Assistant supporting our Operations teams.
The Sr. HR Assistant provides hands on support to our Associates, Area Manager, Operations Managers, and HR Business Partners in Worldwide Operations HR. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
· Can you tell a story with data? Produce and analyze reports to identify talent trends including being able to find ways to measure effectiveness of initiatives and programs developed by the team. Be able to identify trends and create action items as well as partner with Operations and HR Business Partners to drive implementation and impact. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting. Auditing to ensure our data is right.
· Do you like to help people achieve their best? Talent development is key at Amazon. Partner with Operations, Support Functions, and HR Business Partners to help ensure our processes around talent remain top notch, which may include: 1) managing development programs to ensure maximum reach and impact, and/or 2) assisting with quarterly and annual talent planning processes, systems, and tools.
· Can you tell when something seems off? Be a point of contact for employee concerns. Ensure you use the right judgement to escalate, while ensuring we remain connected to the person and the issue. Partner with the HR Business Partners to appropriately address concerns, helping to ensure we drive to the right resolution.
· Do you like to connect people to the bigger picture? Help drive overall Fulfillment Center engagement. Promote positive employee relations through identifying trends, evaluating data and anecdotes, and leveraging employee feedback through Amazon created engagement mechanisms.
· Are you an Admin Wizard? Support the team with administrative functions such as managing the team e-mail box, calendar management, and event support.
· Support associates and managers with routine, day-to-day HR questions, needs, and inquiries, providing world-class service and ensuring you guide our teams to the right resources to ensure a quality and timely solution
· Provide HR guidance to site leadership on achieving operational objectives while minimizing engagement impacts
· Facilitate Human Resources based training to new in role leadership.
· Influence leadership (typically multi level Operations leaders) during associate-impacting decision making
· Participate in HR investigations and drive full case closure within Amazon standard.
· Coordinate Amazon appeals as well as participate in state specific unemployment hearings.
· Interpret employee engagement data and recommend action items to deliver results
· Provide leadership development support to onsite Operations leaders.
· Assist and lead Amazon’s performance recognition/management process.
· Own and lead full cycle rollouts for new HR compliance initiatives.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SYSTEMS:
· Attendance tracking: coordinate with managers to ensure associates are on the correct schedule patterns
· Complete and report metric gaps on daily and weekly reports regarding attendance, attrition, engagement, labor fill, etc
· Assist managers in responding to associate questions on time, benefits, accommodations, loa, etc.
· Assist Recruiting, as necessary, with new hire orientations and interview loops.
· Facilitate the internal recruitment process by coordinating internal job requisitions, scheduling interviews and administering the associate internal transfer portal
*Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. Full shift flexibility including overtime, holidays and weekends is needed for this role.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field.
· 3+ years of exposure to Human Resource functions
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
· Experience with PeopleSoft/HRIS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us