McDonald’s is innovating. This spring, the global fast food leader launched StationM, a Web platform entirely for its employees. For the company, it was a question of offering its crew members the opportunity to communicate and express their opinions differently. The forum, which now boasts 13,000 registered users and is available throughout North America, was quickly successful. Crew members recently elected one of their own as official resident blogger for 2009. Restaurant manager Amanda Wilson hails from Alberta and was elected by an online vote.
The platform appeals to employees and is a treasure trove of information for McDonald’s human resources department, which has direct access to employee comments for feedback on how benefits, motivation programs, training, internal communication campaigns, etc. are perceived.
- The Poker virus is winning over French recruiting operations
- Keys to effective, innovative recruiting
- “New technologies have revolutionized our methods”
- New Technologies have Revolutionized our Recruitment Methods
- “2010 will be the year of optimism,” Marie Pinsonneault, Senior Partner, Hewitt & Associates