Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
• Are you interested in working in the renewable energy sector?
• Do you love problem solving?
• Would you like to work directly with clients?
BBA is a great career opportunity for you!
We are seeking a new graduate who is interested in being trained as a SCADA integrator on our Industrial IT team. BBA supports many North American clients who produce renewable energy. Your role will be to help add renewable energy projects (wind, hydro, solar, geothermal) to corporate SCADA systems, in addition to developing and maintaining relationships with our clients.
If you are meticulous in your work and use your leadership skills to make a real impact, you are the person we are looking for!
More specifically, you will be asked to:
• Change configurations and programming on client corporate SCADA systems.
• Design system architecture.
• Resolve technical issues at the source.
• Ensure system availability and reliability.
• Effectively communicate changes and train operators.
• Coordinate and facilitate project transition from the Construction group to the Operations group.
• Perform commissioning work.
• Ability for teamwork and a genuine desire to work with team members
• Client-oriented and intellectually curious
• Detail-oriented and accurate
• Committed to excellence and continuously seek ways to improve
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• Available to work up to 50% of the time outside the office (mostly in the United States)
• Ability to prepare technical documents in English.
• Bilingual (English and French), both written and spoken
• Asset: experience with PLC and HMI/SCADA systems
• Asset: experience with OSIsoft's PI historian system
• Asset: knowledge of TCP/IP systems and routing