Dentons is designed to be different. Our firm leads the way in a rapidly changing legal marketplace. We challenge the status quo and deliver consistent results as well as uncompromising quality and value to our clients. Our global presence is renowned with over 20,000 individuals in more than 200 offices across 82 countries.
Dentons Canada is committed to its people and communities. We are consistently recognized as an employer of choice having received numerous awards including being selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023); Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022); Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2022); Mansfield Rule 4.0+ Certification; Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Awards, North America 2021; and Canada Law Awards for Pro Bono Initiative of the Year 2021.
This role is an opportunity for you to join the world’s largest law firm, a firm that offers opportunities to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise.
Dentons Canada is seeking an experienced professional to join the Montréal office as Manager, Recruitment & Student Development. At its heart, our business is about our people. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Reporting to the Director of Talent, Québec this role will be responsible for all aspects of the Montréal office’s student program including recruitment, liaising with Canadian law schools to promote the firm, as well as the performance management and professional development of our students.
• Plan and implement innovative recruitment strategies aimed at promoting the Dentons Canada LLP brand to prospective students and developing a diverse candidate pipeline.
• Build key partnerships with law schools and being the primary point of contact for career services offices, student and diversity organizations, faculty, candidates, etc.
• Work with our business service teams on recruitment materials, brand messaging, visuals and our social media presence.
• Plan, organize and execute all recruiting events at target schools including presentations, career fairs, Course aux stages for the Montréal office.
• Manage the student recruitment process, including resume screening, interviews, selection and offers.
• Manage the student experience at Dentons, including their onboarding, orientation and training, performance management, workflow, mentoring, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate will have the following:
• An LL.B and their Quebec Bar as well as a few years of practice experience, and previous campus recruiting experience
• Demonstrated interest in recruitment, development of people and diversity and inclusion
• Strong organizational skills, an innovative mindset, developed leadership skills, confidence in their written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to conduct behavior based interviews
• Strong strategic planning and project management skills
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize
• Skilled at networking and able to build credibility and confidence at all levels
• Experience with Recruitment technology and Social Media
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Benefits we offer
• Join a firm that is recognized as one of the top 100 employers in Canada (2023)!
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Generous allowance of flex and vacation days
• RRSP matching program
• Opportunities for professional growth
• Short and long term disability insurance
• Subsidized fitness program
• Various social events and activities throughout the year
• Flexible work arrangements
*Please include a cover letter addressed to Caroline Martel, Director, Talent (Québec) in your application. We thank all applicants who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Dentons Canada, inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) are not just ancillary values, they are foundational to our business. We believe that ID&E is essential to the shared success of our team and our clients. Our forward-thinking and inclusive culture supports the professional development of all our people, enhances the leading services we offer to our clients, and informs our commitment to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. As a testament to our commitment to ID&E, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 12 consecutive years (2011-2022), as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022) for the fifth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
We are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.