Global Manager – Global Injury & Illness Compensation
• Work for a diverse and global organization
• Global Manager role working across all Rio Tinto Businesses
• Ability to work autonomously with flexible work arrangements – Montreal based
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth's mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We're committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It's how we grow - it's how you grow.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Global Manager to lead the Global Injury & Illness Compensation (GIIC) team. This position will provide the quality stewardship and leadership for GIIC workers' compensation management and insurance strategy. The leader needs to be closely aligned with corporate and business unit Health, Safety & Environment, Financial, Human Resources, Legal and Risk management systems and strategies.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a proven leader to work cross functionally providing subject matter expertise and value adding technical and GIIC workers' compensation management support. This role has four direct reports and supports the provision of training to appropriate site staff and managers.
Reporting to the Head of Health, you will be responsible for:
• Building and implementing a GIIC team strategy
• Working with regional managers to develop and implement a Global workers' compensation plan specific to the needs of each region and in accordance with the international GIIC team strategy
• Reviewing existing standard processes and procedures to effectively improve the GIIC current and legacy claims, and insurance risk portfolios
• Negotiating and brokering cost effective workers' compensation insurance renewal outcomes for Rio Tinto businesses
• Continually improving existing reporting and engagement structures to inform Rio Tinto businesses of workers' compensation costs, outcomes and achievements
• Conducting in-depth analysis and setting performance measures to inform actual, potential and trend cost, workforce impact, sources of injury & illness, effectiveness of case management and legal compliance
• Establishing strong internal and external stakeholder business relationships based upon professional respect and high level service provision standards
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Qualifications in HSE, Law, Human Resources, Business, Science or advanced insurance industry/Finance experience essential
• At least 3 years' experience in leading teams
• An understanding of workers compensation legislation, insurance law and claims structure, particularly in the USA and Canada
• Experience in managing workers' compensation insurance claims and providing advice and direction, on a multi-site or multi business basis is preferable
• Proven ability and experience establishing productive working relationships with, and influencing, senior managers, insurers, brokers and workers
• Language bilingual English and French
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this position.
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a leading global mining organisation, apply today.