Join a growing team!
If you’re looking for a career with a dynamic company poised for success, if you are incredibly motivated, and if “impossible” isn’t in your vocabulary, then we have just the place for you!
Reporting to the Director of Administration, Safety and HR, in collaboration with the Operations and Quality departments, you will be responsible for providing leading support in the implementation of occupational health and safety projects.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and analyze the risks related to different work environments (machines and critical tasks);
- Investigate accidents and incidents to determine the source and recommend preventive or corrective actions;
- Keep the register of occupational injuries up to date and compile statistics;
- Assist in following up on CNESST files and investigations as well as with our prevention mutual;
- Participate in updating the prevention program and work policies and procedures while strongly involving the workers;
- Participate in various audits;
- Coordinate and animate the health and safety committee;
- Coordinate external OHS training and offer internal training (Onboarding, WHMIS, Respiratory Protection Program, safety breaks, etc.);
- Participate in the development of OHS programs and measures aimed at improving the quality of life at work.
- Participate in the elaboration of an emergency evacuation procedure;
- Participate in the elaboration of a confined space entry program (ex: autoclave);
- Participate in the elaboration of an OHS program for subcontractors;
- Participate in the elaboration of a work at height program;
- Participate in the implementation of a lockout program.
Your ideal background:
- College degree in industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, or any other related field;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in occupational health and safety in an industrial or manufacturing environment;
- You are autonomous and show initiative in your work;
- You demonstrate a collaborative and communicative approach;
- You are bilingual (English-French), both spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
What you’ll need :
- Experience in project management (an asset);
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Strong ability to prioritize, plan to meet deadlines while juggling various projects in a constantly changing environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Skill in interpersonal relations, within a multicultural environment;