Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centers and 16 laboratories and we service over 20 million patients and consumers each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We strive to live our values every day to best support our patients, customers and healthcare providers. Our lived values are the cornerstones of our culture. With over 6,000 people working here, we all make a difference every day – that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team as we evolve our business and continue to deliver high quality services in a changing health care environment. Grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Purpose of the Role:
The Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will provide dedicated leadership, management and support to the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies and plans for LifeLabs. Specifically, they will facilitate the development and execution of the F21 plan within the context of the five year DEI strategy. Acts as a DEI SME consultant/advisor and program manager.
• Drive the development and implementation of the LifeLabs DEI strategy and plans; identify, develop and implement sustainable and scalable programs, solutions and initiatives in collaboration with others; program manages the plan and programs.
• Within the LifeLabs governance model, acts as a Subject Matter Expert partnering with and supporting the functioning of DEI teams including the Steering Council, Employee Resources Groups, task groups and other teams as required; manage/lead the team meetings, plans and support the teams to operate effectively. Provides input and guidance into core learning and development DEI initiatives.
• Build and develop key metrics and measurements to assess the effectiveness of the DEI strategy, platforms and programs including the use of surveys and other feedback loops; in year one, oversees the DEI census survey and supports the development and execution of identified goals and actions.
• Works closely with HR teams and individuals and the internal communications team and others to identify key opportunities and plans to advance DEI efforts including a targeted communication plan and ensuring DEI best practices are reflected in people practices and programs.
• Manage the relationship with key external partners (ie. CCDI) to drive best practice application and delivery of our program; conducts ongoing internal and external research and analyzes data and information to assess, identify and present trends, opportunities and solutions; stays current with best practices and leading benchmark companies.
Minimum Hiring Requirements
• Community College Diploma (Three years) in Business or equivalent; DEI certification (in addition to or as part of the Diploma) courses, certificates, workshops or other comparable training.
• Eight years working in organizations with at least five in a manager or key influencer role. At least three years experience developing and implementing strategies and plans.
• PMO Certification would be an asset
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.