Job Evaluation Specialist
The Human Resources Service Delivery Division of the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services is looking for HR Specialists to provide services in job evaluation and support the delivery of an enterprise-wide classification service emphasizing the one-employer approach.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this dynamic role, you will:
• participate in the development and implementation of new job evaluation plans and the development of job evaluation standards;
• analyze, research and determine the classification of positions, applying job evaluation systems consistently;
• represent the employer on joint union/management committees to discuss classification and job evaluation system issues;
• provide advice to human resources staff and program management on job design, job description writing and job evaluation;
• provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior classification staff.
How do I qualify?
Job Evaluation and Human Resources Knowledge:
• You have knowledge of job evaluation systems.
• You have knowledge of job evaluation system development design, including developing costing models.
• You have knowledge of the principles and practices of compensation, pay equity and labour relations.
• You have knowledge of, and experience working with related legislation, regulations and collective agreements.
Communication, Interpersonal and Relationship Building Skills:
• You have oral and written communication skills to prepare and provide explanations and rationales for classification decisions and to represent the employer throughout the dispute resolution process.
• You have interpersonal and influencing skills to provide strategic advice and to promote the one-employer approach.
• You have relationship building skills to work collaboratively across branches/divisions and across the HR service operations.
Research, Organizational and Analytical Skills:
• You have research skills to identify issues and make recommendations on classification system issues.
• You have organizational skills to coordinate committees and to lead occupational or program classification reviews.
• You have analytical and evaluation skills to address complex and contentious classification issues and to make consistent and defensible decisions.
Salary Range: $77,153 - $93,912 per year
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification and salary range for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, October 27, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 112294 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.
The Chief People Officer (CPO) reports to the CEO, is responsible to the EVP and Chief Ministry Officer as designated and works collaboratively with the senior leadership team and board. The CPO is a key member of a transformational, integrated,
Location: Prabang, Laos Start Date: Sep - Nov 2019 (flexible) Length of Placement: 6 Months Language Requirements: English Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only The Volunteer's Role Do you want to help reduce
Le Conseil scolaire Viamonde est un conseil scolaire laïque de langue française qui accueille plus de 12 600 élèves dans ses 53 écoles élémentaires et secondaires reconnues pour leur caractère inclusif et accueillant. Il y a plus de 2400