Requisition ID: 94012
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Director - International Banking Productivity plays a key role in supporting Scotiabank’s International Banking business partners in developing ambitious plans to structurally transform their cost base while improving productivity, protecting and supporting customer experience and minimizing risk to the Bank and its shareholders. This role will lead and support the execution of major structural cost transformation programs within International Banking’s footprint in Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Lead and contribute to in-house consulting team, responsible for developing business solutions in fast-paced environment:
o Approach challenges logically with a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset
o Lead presentations, workshops, interviews and other project communications
o Develop insightful diagnostics and recommendations to tackle complex business challenges
• Identify opportunities for structural cost transformation, such as organizational effectiveness, process improvements, rationalization and digitization.
• Lead and support the development of long and short-term strategic initiatives to optimize operations in terms of costs, revenue, quality, etc.
• Lead and oversee data analysis for International Banking Productivity initiatives to continuously identify opportunities and support in developing recommendations and solutions to drive productivity and optimize operations.
• Develop and apply analytical approaches to business opportunities, challenges and recommendations (including benchmark analysis and comparison, data analysis, cost rationalization, etc.) to support strategic initiatives in International Banking.
• Develop recommendations and solutions to business challenges.
• Lead, oversee and execute IB Productivity program and project management activities.
• Lead activities with internal stakeholders in International Banking to track progress of ongoing initiatives and proactively escalate any issues.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Spanish fluency is mandatory
• 5+ years of experience in banking, financial services industry and/or management consulting
• Strong business acumen and organizational skills
• Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge in financial analysis
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Extensive experience with presentation and analytical tools (PowerPoint and Excel)
• Proven experience managing resources
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
• Project management experience
• Ability to work in a flexible office environment – Extensive global travel may be required
• MBA and/or business/finance designation preferred.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.