Sector: Policy and Innovation
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation is looking for innovators to join the Housing Supply Challenge team to help with the design and delivery of several housing competitions addressing different aspects of housing.
The Housing Supply Challenge is a $300M initiative announced in Budget 2019 to reduce the barriers associated to the creation of housing supply. The Challenge is an opportunity to think about how we can address barriers to affordable housing in ways that haven’t been tried before – working with municipalities and clients who can help us find the way.
This position reports to the Innovation team in our Office of the SVP, Policy and Innovation sector. This sector is the change agent for operational efficiencies.
About the role
Are you passionate, creative and experienced in the innovation space?
Are you able to work in dynamic, often ambiguous conditions requiring rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work?
Do you thrive on steering cultural change, building partnerships, coaching & guiding others and offering creative and innovative solutions that enable solve complex problems?
If yes, then this permanent, full-time, bilingual position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of our Innovation team. Along with your peers, you will play a key role in driving our innovation outcomes, refining and maturing our standards, governance, strategy and project execution. You will play a key role in building innovation networks and partnerships, ultimately working as an innovation subject matter expert, bringing visibility, awareness and innovation maturity through prototyping and experimentation and other key innovation capabilities.
What you will need
Essential Work Experience and Education:
• Undergraduate degree in business, organizational behavior, human resources, psychology or other relevant fields and a minimum of 5 years of experience. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 3 years *demonstrated experience in the field of innovation, delivering innovation-related work.
*Demonstrated experience includes:
• Experience in prototyping and experimentation, using industry-recognized innovation tools/techniques for each phase of the innovation process (problem framing, empathise, define, ideate, prototype, test & implement)
• Assessing and measuring innovation outcomes and/or associated risks
• Creating written or visual artefacts (e.g. insights, reports, project documentation, communication products, innovation-related skills training and/or reference material)
• Knowledge of governance, project delivery best practices and a suite of innovation techniques.
• Knowledge of and experience in assessing the degree and magnitude of innovation opportunity; from innovation for optimization to innovation that is transformational in nature.
Skills, competencies, abilities:
• Developed interpersonal, negotiation, communication, facilitation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
• Advanced analytical and critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively across multiple disciplines.
• Significant proficiency in prototyping and/or experimentation, foresight, design thinking, service design, or innovation strategy.
• Knowledge in the areas of behavioural economics and experience in research or data analysis.
• Knowledge of the complex issues affecting housing in Canada.
• Be engaged: ask questions, share ideas, take the lead on initiatives / be active and present in our conversations (in person, by email, through instant messages and forums, etc.).
• Be informed: mine resources e.g. books, articles, documentaries, etc. / consult with team members, employees and experts for perspectives, details and depth of knowledge.
• Be self-aware: have a high-degree of self-awareness and emotional intelligence when working with people of diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking.
• Be inspired: our aspiration is bold and we want you to love it too.
What you will be doing
• Identify and recruit external jury members to evaluate applications and select winners
• Support juror in providing materials and assistance to facilitate judging
• Facilitate Jury evaluation sessions
• Work with design team to understand and implement evaluation criteria to ensure a fair judging process
• Provide secretariat support to jurors as required (including online document provision, travel booking, building personal connections to jurors)
• Contribute to the development and provide input into the innovation strategy, governance and tactics to support the advancement and maturation of the innovation program.
• Contribute to the development of and provide inputs into applicable innovation policies, guidelines, presentations, reports and plans to implement and maintain the innovation program.
• Lead the execution of innovation strategies, initiatives and program delivery, including innovation project execution with emphasis on problem framing, ideation and prototyping and experimentation.
• Contribute to the development of communications products related to the innovation strategy, programs and activities with relatively high visibility and/or complexity. Review and occasionally draft content and collaborate with the communications group.
• Plan and deliver targeted innovation education, awareness or focused campaigns related to learning activities, conferences or other sessions.
• Solicit and identify cross-functional ideas and initiatives by collaborating strategically with stakeholders, building and maintaining relationships throughout CMHC.
• Use appropriate research tools to scan the environment, including databases, market trends, emerging practices, performance indicators and whitepapers. Formulate recommendations based on the related findings.
• Lead the execution of large scale and/or special innovation projects through the innovation life cycle using the appropriate techniques and/or methodologies.
• Identify potential risks and points of resistance in the innovation engagements through ongoing risk analysis and recommend strategies to mitigate.
• Build and maintain relationships and connections with key influencers, senior management and other key stakeholders in the achievement of corporate priorities.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4466
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional