Sector: People and Strategy
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $89823.44 to $112279.30
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will manage the development, implementation and evaluation of Human Resources (HR) strategies, programs and policies aligned with corporate strategic directions. Your will interface with all HR specialized areas and obtaining input from business lines to inform the improvement and development of programs and policies that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business administration, industrial relations, psychology or human resource management.
• Minimum of seven years of prior relevant experience with at least three years managing others.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of human resources management policies, practices, theories, concepts and systems.
• Understanding of employee relations learning and development, leadership development, succession management, official languages, performance management, compensation and benefits, communications and culture shaping.
• Excellent consulting, coaching and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in leading and managing projects.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Broad knowledge of CMHC's business, mandate and objectives.
• Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation would be considered an asset.
What you will be doing
• Conduct ongoing reviews and updates on the effectiveness and relevance of HR policies and programs.
• Conduct research and benchmarking on HR practices on behalf of sector and broader implementation considerations.
• Develop and present recommendations to senior management on HR strategies, policies and programs.
Develop and Deliver
• Assess corporate HR requirements, and manage the development and implementation of HR strategies, programs and policies aligned with corporate strategic directions.
• Facilitate internal collaboration, knowledge sharing and process coordination with all HR functional areas in order to improve client satisfaction, productivity and alignment with key corporate initiatives and plans.
• Procure and oversee the delivery of services from external consultants hired to assist in resource-limited areas of specialty.
• Manage the governance, use and continuous improvement of technology and tools to support the delivery of programs.
• Build marketing and communication strategies to create buy-in and develop champions for various initiatives.
• Maintain strong linkages and networks with senior officials in organizations such as the Conference Board of Canada, Treasury Board and other federal departments and agencies, and with private sector employers.
People Leadership (Human Relations Skills)
• Set objectives and take responsibility for engagement, enabling a culture of learning, performance management and accountability
• Align people with work in order to achieve organizational objectives and results
• Monitor and oversee work unit resources while building organizational capabilities
• Set and revise operational plans to reflect changing priorities or conditions
• Support the use of both official languages in the workplace and implements practices to advance an inclusive, healthy organization, that is free from harassment and discrimination
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: November 11, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4206
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Halifax, Montréal, Québec, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional