Position: Human Resources Program Manager Supervisor: VP, Education Location: Flexible within Canada Status: Full-time, Exempt from Overtime, Fixed Term (through March 31, 2022) Possibility for extension depending on funding and performance At
Have a passion for robots and technology? We are looking to engage active Associates across Canada to deploy our new robots and train client teams throughout multiple customer facilities. Our ideal candidate enjoys traveling,
Scope of Position The Human Resources Recruitment Specialist works in partnership with management and employees on the full spectrum of HR programs and services having a primary focus on recruitment and retention initiatives. The HR Recruitment
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 130 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic
The department for the NSE Training Institute is looking for an experienced content developer to help produce high quality, written and visual e-learning content for our Information Security Awareness and Training Service. Using industry standard
The Events Coordinator and Career Coach will support the Career Services and Co-operative Education departments in event planning, administrative support, and provide assistance in career-related projects and programming. The incumbent will require strong interpersonal and organizational skills to support and deliver events, both in-person and virtual, and programming for Carleton University students to enhance their employment prospects and professional skills.
The Career Coach is the primary point of contact for walk-in students to Career Services and provides an intake evaluation for all students accessing service, as well as accurate and comprehensive guidance on all services and resources provided by Career Services. The Career Coach is responsible for the triaging of students and directing to them to the appropriate level of service within the office.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• Strong interpersonal and public relations skills, with the ability to perform as an effective team member, communicate effectively both orally, written, and in person, and the ability to provide effective support to colleagues. Must have tact, diplomacy, empathy and discretion.
• Must build and maintain strong positive relationships with other departments, with service units and with external vendors.
• Must be extremely flexible and adaptable to unpredictable situations, and have the ability to respond accordingly.
• Ability to work independently exercising sound judgment
• Incumbents must be able to problem solve and know when and where to refer students and potential students for additional information and assistance.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpretive skills, with the ability to analyze data and make recommendations and to present staff and client survey results as well as to lead post mortem processes.
• Strong computer skills – specific experience with the following software packages/applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Banner and Lifecycle), and the ability to keep up with and adapt to changing technology.
• Project management skills, large-scale public event planning experience, and supervisory skills are required in order to plan career fairs.
• The incumbent must be available to work overtime as required on evenings and weekends.
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• Completion of 3 year post-secondary diploma or university degree. Possession of an event-planning certificate would be considered an asset.
• Five years of relevant experience planning and working at large scale public events (in-person and virtual). The five years’ experience should include three years’ experience in advising students in an academic setting and three years’ experience in office administration experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 are currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.