WHO WE ARE
Our Brands: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The company’s products are sold in approximately 150 countries and territories under brand names including: Estée Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, MAC, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA, Too Faced and Dr. Jart+.
Our Heritage: Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. The Estée Lauder Companies are committed to building world-class brands by developing talented people. We champion a professional organization that emphasizes excellences at every level. Our people are our greatest asset and the success of our company is the result of the talent, passion, and vision of our creative and highly dedicated employees, who set a global standard for innovation, service and quality. The Canadian Supply Chain and Canadian Innovation Centre is at the core of that innovative spirit. (http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/the-lauder-family)
Our Culture & Values: Our culture is often described as a rare mix of family values with a high-performing public company with a mission of “Bringing the best to everyone we touch and being the best in everything we do. This unique mix translates into a caring, collaborative and compassionate workplace that is also demanding – with a competitive spirit that is a powerful source of motivation. Above all else, there is a focus on long-term, sustainable growth which engenders loyalty and commitment from internal and external stakeholders. We are a values-driven organization. Our actions are rooted in the Lauder Family values of respect for the individual, uncompromising ethics and integrity, generosity of spirit and fearless persistence. Building on these core values we also abide by the following principles: http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/culture-and-values.
To learn more about our unique corporate culture in Canada, please visit LinkedIn.
Responsible for collaborating on the strategic direction & standards for the facility's and Company's EHS programs. Provides technical EHS expertise to the facility. Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Company Environmental and Safety Management System requirements.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 25% – Accident/Injury Prevention: participate and advise on accident and incident investigations; liaise with and support the BBS process; lead site ergonomics task force; support stretching program; create site-specific weekly communications and monthly due diligence tests; present materials at shift meetings as needed; act as JHSC Co-chair; ensure MSDSs are current via online service, lead site emergency response team.
- 10% – Accident/Injury Prevention: follow up as required to ensure all EAS action items are implemented and checked for effectiveness (e.g. incident investigations, maintenance, facilities activities, industrial hygiene and ergonomic visits).
- 20% – Shop Floor Focus: Provide technical input/support on shop floor; attend FLT meetings as EAS rep, participate in management walkthroughs, coaching for management, supervisors, line leads, shop floor on EAS issues.
- 15% – Shop Floor Focus: Working with site managers and supervisors, ensure communication of SOPs to appropriate site employees and audit for compliance with procedures on the shop floor. Work with EAS Compliance Specialist on revisions required from site level.
- 5% – Communication/Training: Conduct in-house EAS training as required, including EAS Orientation for site. Ensure EAS Specialist is aware of site-specific training requirements for external courses.
- 10% – ISO 14001Maintenance: working with EAS Compliance Specialist and site management, ensure site-specific objectives and targets are achieved, aspect/impact changes are noted and appropriate information is communicated to employees and contractors; participate in management review and external audits.
- 2% – Report on KPIs: TIR, BBS statistics, environmental projects, insurance company, risk assessment, industrial hygiene and ergonomic assessments, capital project status, regulatory visits, trending analysis for accidents/incidents, update scorecards and KPI boards, input accidents/incident information into First Report Online database.
- 5% – Environmental: Lead environmental projects (e.g. recycling); arrange waste water sampling.
- 2% – Working with engineering team, participate in machine reviews and maintain PSR documentation.
- 2% – Participate in meetings related to Ontario Fire Code, environmental or OHS issues impacting the site.
- 4% – Contractor Database Maintenance: Working with the Engineering Group and EAS Team, populate and maintain contractor database through submission of documents to all existing and potential new contracting firms, critical review of submitted documents to ensure regulatory compliance for all safety programs, training and liability insurance and WSIB compliance documents within specific timeframes. Follow up as necessary with contractors to clarify documents and regulatory requirements and ensure timely submissions. Notify contractors of consequences of failing to submit required documents, as needed.
Minimum Education: University degree
Minimum Experience: Min 5 years related experience
License/Certification/Specific degree required: CRSP Preferred or in progress
Skills/Specific experience required: Excellent communication, coaching, presentation and interpersonal skills. Computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Additional Job Requirements: Must have a vehicle to travel between sites. Infrequent international travel
Job: Environmental Health & Safety - Supply Chain
Primary Location: Americas-CA-ON-North York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 227188
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.