Working with the Town of Newmarket’s Recreation and Culture Team, means the opportunity to make a difference and connect with your community! Working in Recreation means the start of something special, gaining valuable work experience and learning new skills. We are looking for dedicated individuals who enjoy working with others with a passion to deliver high quality programs, events and services. One thing is for certain, you will love the experience and our participants will too!
The Successful Candidate will:
Supervise and facilitate drop in programs to ensure programs run in a safe, inclusive and engaging manner.
Monitor the behaviour of patrons, advising same of rule infractions and/or discipling as required using strong interpersonal making skills.
Set up and take down equipment required for each program. Ensure safe and appropriate use of all Town of Newmarket property.
Respond to emergency situations including performing minor first aid and/or arranging for medical assistance and documents all accidents accordingly.
Respond to enquiries/concerns from the public and program participants, using excellent customer service skills to resolve or refer to the appropriate staff.
Ensure all patrons follow departmental Health & Safety procedures, including but not limited to wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). Communicates any issues with respect to health and safety concerns, attendance, participants, equipment, inventory, facility spaces.
Perform minor cleaning of the facility which may include sweeping, mopping to ensure the safety of participants.
*For full listing of duties and responsibilities, please see the attached Job Description.
1. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, participants, parents/guardians of participants and staff.
2. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
3. Proficiency and passion in sport programs including but not limited to ice-skating, badminton, basketball, volleyball, pickleball, etc.
4. Availability to work evenings, weekends and special events.
5. Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.
6. Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C certification required.
7. Current High Five (Principles of Healthy Child Development) certification required.
Please Note: Certifications are not required at time of application but must be obtained prior to job commencement. The Town of Newmarket may offer opportunities for certification.