At Amazon Recruiting Engine, we are customer obsessed and think big. On our journey to lead the recruiting industry, we build new ways for modeling the Amazon Recruiting Experience. As part of the Amazon HR organization, we directly influence the future growth of Amazon.
We are looking for individuals who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and are proud of the technical solutions you deliver. This position is right for you if you are passionate about solving the toughest software challenges on behalf of our customers and users. To be successful on this journey, you love having high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and always look for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused: understand multiple customers’ challenges and you are constantly looking for ways to pursue them. You have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in an exciting, creative, passionate and collaborative team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) and/or equivalent training & work experience.
· 5+ years of hands-on software development management experience (people manager)
· A deep understanding in designing, developing, and operating software at scale (object oriented design and service oriented architecture [SOA])
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux, and programming language like C++, Java or Ruby
· Enjoys presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Has fun in looking after multiple priorities in an ever-changing environment
· Uncommon customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet daring time lines with optimal solutions
· Ability to meet customer expectations by meeting deadlines, prioritize engineering decisions, focus on details and enjoy autonomy an always changing and evolving environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills