At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Cloud Computing is revolutionizing Information Technology. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS customers can requisition compute power, storage, and other services–gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as their business demands them. Customers pay only for what they use, with no up-front expenses or long-term commitments, making AWS the most cost-effective, flexible way to deliver their applications to their customers and clients. Since 2006 AWS is the leader in the global IaaS cloud computing space and is continually growing.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Recruiting team is seeking a talented, customer focused recruiter with a passion for delighting the client and candidate, to join our global recruiting organization.
Successful recruiters on this team utilize their experience to engage candidates and deliver results to our AWS business partners. They thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, and have fun to get the job done. They draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders and hiring managers.
-Partner with business teams to build effective hiring strategies managing customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment
-Prepare candidates for success in the Amazon interview and drive operational excellence throughout the interview process
-Understand and be able to articulate the AWS opportunity, business team dynamics and candidate motivations to effectively extend and close offers.
-Recommend ideas and strategies that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing new recruiting processes and fine tuning standard processes that fit within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer
-Deliver reports to peers and customers on a regular basis that enable deep dives into trends and anomalies. Be able to analyze data, uncover challenges and partner with others to effect solutions.
-Understand the talent market in Canada and contribute to innovative hiring strategies that are based on targeted recruiting activities
· Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years relevant industry experience.
· 6+ years’ experience in candidate generation and assessment through a variety of channels including passive sourcing, referral campaigns and database mining.
· 5+ years’ experience in building recruiting strategy with the business, providing weekly pipeline reporting to the business leaders you support, conducting referral drives and participating in recruiting events
· MS Office- including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer
· Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
· Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management
· Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision in an extremely fast-paced environment
· Strong research skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.