Setting a new industry standard for caregivers! Who We Are Today, CarePros is a leading disability and children’s services agency with 130+ team members. CarePros not only primarily provides services to children and youth
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Payroll Manager to oversee the corporate payroll function for the Stream-Flo Group of Companies.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring corporate payroll practices are effective and efficient, delivering accurate and timely payroll processing. The Manager will provide guidance and oversight to the Payroll Team, and will maintain expert knowledge of the HRIS, payroll systems and prevailing payroll/legislative practices. The incumbent will work closely with Human Resources peers to enhance services to employees, and to continually develop processes consistent with Payroll best practices.
Additional duties include:
• Oversee full cycle payroll activities to ensure accurate and timely processing, and compliance with company guidelines and legislative requirements.
• Provide direction and support to Payroll Team.
• Continually review processes and systems, and implement effectiveness and efficiency improvements.
• Reconcile payroll accounts and convert payroll records to general ledger accounts.
• Audit and approve international payroll activities.
• Ensure time and attendance practices are reliable and effective.
• Liaise with external representatives such as HRIS partner, group benefit and retirement plan providers.
• Work closely with Human Resources and management to provide workforce reports, and to develop solutions for payroll related challenges.
• Maintain a service oriented approach to working with management, colleagues and employees.
• Complete project work as assigned.
Preferred candidates will possess a combination of the following:
• High school diploma - additional education and Canadian Payroll Association accreditation are assets.
• 10 years payroll administration experience - prior management or supervisory experience is an asset.
• Strong working knowledge of hourly and salaried payroll best practices – familiarity with US payroll practices is an asset.
• Strong knowledge or HRIS/payroll systems – experience with Ultipro is a strong asset.
• Excellent attention to detail & accuracy.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good judgment and decision making skills.
• Self motivated and able to work under general supervision.
• Customer focused.
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including strong Excel abilities.
The Stream-Flo Group of Companies, consisting of Stream-Flo Industries Ltd. and Master Flo Valve Inc., are privately owned and operated Canadian manufacturers of wellhead, production gate valve and check valve equipment, as well as chokes, specialty control valves and supporting actuation. Since our inception in 1962, we have become a recognized leader for our superior technology, innovative designs and top quality products. Through continued product line development, the Stream-Flo Group has grown to be one of the largest manufacturers of our kind, offering our solutions to oil and gas regions throughout the world.
Stream-Flo offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit program to prospective employees, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.