Customer Service – Edmonton
Are you a looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you have excellent listening and communication skills, and enjoy building strong and effective relationships with people? Are you compassionate and find your skills best suited to a client centric work environment? Do you enjoy working with others to build plans and find creative solutions together that will help them recover and return to work with their employer? If this sounds like you - come and join our team! We are looking for adjudicators to provide caring, proactive services to injured Albertans who require medical management to support their recovery and return to work.
WCB has been named as one of Alberta’s top employers for the past 13 years. We believe in the development of our staff and offer a robust employment package that includes:
• A competitive salary combined with a comprehensive benefit plan which includes pension, medical coverage, health and wellness spending and access to fitness programs
• Excellent training and career advancement opportunities
• Flexible work schedules and onsite fitness facilities that encourage work/life balance
• Demonstrating problem solving and critical thinking when determining the relationship between mechanism of injury and diagnosis by gathering and analyzing relevant information and planning to facilitate a return to work.
• Obtaining medical opinion as required and coordinating or authorizing medical investigation treatment.
• Establishing compensation rates, determining the appropriate wage replacement benefits payable and determining medical aid and non-rate based entitlements.
• Communicating detailed information regarding all entitlement decisions and other claim management issues to clients, both in writing and verbally.
• Maintaining a caseload within department standards to ensure quality customer service to all stakeholders and acting as an educator and negotiator in managing stakeholders’ expectations.
• Determining entitlement of medical and financial benefits.
• Upholding the values and principles of the Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board.
A degree or diploma preferably in Social Sciences, Rehabilitation or Business with related experience in caseload management in the areas of making entitlement decisions, medical management of claims, health care experience, vocational rehabilitation experience or employment counseling experience an asset. Your ability to build credible business relationships with stakeholders and to reach agreement on courses of action will be key aspects of this role. In addition, you have the ability to learn quickly, a strong record of personal achievement, are goal oriented and have solid decision-making and planning skills. As our focus is based on relationship building to make employers and injured workers the most important part of our business, you will bring proven investigative, negotiation and verbal and written communication skills to the role. Reliability and time management skills are integral to success in this position. Computer knowledge and keyboarding skills are essential and familiarity with medical or rehabilitative terminology would be an asset.
Start Rate: $60,565 to Job Rate: $68,412 per annum
Salary: Start Rate: $60,565 to Job Rate: $68,412 per annum
Closes: August 6, 2021 for the next class starting on September 27, 2021.
Note: Successful Candidates must be available to attend 10 weeks of training at the time of hire. Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security clearance. Assessments will be administered as part of the selection process. This position is not eligible for the Compressed Work Week schedule. To be considered for this position, please apply online quoting competition #J0521-0404 by submitting a cover letter and resume to www.wcb.ab.ca/careers. External candidates will also be considered.
Final external candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security clearance. Internal candidates may also be required to undergo a security clearance as per the WCB Security Clearance guideline.