Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver
The Senior Learning Leader will consult to clients across Canada, within North America and globally as part of the Human Capital Services consulting team. She/he will help build the Learning practice nationally, identify and lead business development opportunities at a senior client level, manage the delivery of complex client engagements, actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential, and create a learning environment through leadership.
Since the successful candidate will be looked upon as an advisor to Deloitte’s clients, he/she will bring a high level of expertise and leadership in multiple types of learning engagements, including:
• Learning operations assessment and analysis
• Learning transformation strategy and roadmap development
• Learning organization and governance model design
• Learning process optimization
• Learning vendor and curriculum rationalization
• Learning technology strategy, selection, roadmap, and implementation
• Learning design and development
• Alignment of learning with talent strategies
• Learning analytics, ROI valuation, and predictive modeling
• Develop client relationships. Pursue and cultivate trusted advisor relationships with C-suite/BU/Division Head levels at the most critical clients in order to drive client value.
• Grow business. Be part of a team developing and codifying intellectual capital to create truly distinctive points of view that result in significant client impact and strengthen Deloitte’s external reputation and brand in the learning solutions space of the Canadian market.
• Create and implement innovative learning solutions. Identify the issues that client executives are, or should be, wrestling with and mobilize Deloitte’s resources to address them. Understand current and future client needs in the context of current and emerging market dynamics, and apply insights to recommend short- and/or long-term value creation for the client at the C-suite/BU/Division Head levels. Ensure the quality of the work to be truly distinctive in its focus on client impact and tangible results. When necessary, collaborate with external third parties that bring unique skills and capabilities that enhance or augment our own in the market.
Your role as a Director at Deloitte:
• Foster broad commitment to our purpose and values; inspire peers and teams to make an impact that matters.
• Manage the development of a strong pipeline of talent for current/future success; own and drive a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte.
• Build a high-performing culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drive outstanding client service, including through large cross-business and/or cross-border teams.
• Build long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and influencers, and use highly developed influencing skills to drive impact.
• Set and communicate strategic direction, excite people around the firm’s vision and goals, and align diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success.
• Anticipate market and competitor trends to develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiate Deloitte with clients.
• A minimum of 15 years of business and consulting experience with a demonstrated record of successful client leadership across the human capital portfolio. Previous experience working as a client-facing consultant (ideally within a leadership capacity) within a consulting company is mandatory.
• Specific subject matter expertise in learning theories and instructional design is required, and may include a track record specializing in learning operations assessment and analysis, learning transformation strategy and roadmap development, learning organization and governance design and learning process optimization.
• Reputation as a trusted thought partner to colleagues and clients on a variety of human capital issues.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree, such as an M.B.A. or other professional designation, is preferred.
Critical Competencies for Success
Business Development – Must demonstrate a comfort level with developing existing and new client relationships and must be able to point to a track record of business development success. Additionally, must quickly establish respect and rapport with others, maintain a strategic focus, and demonstrate the ability to sell his/her vision and ideas inside or outside the Firm.
Client Relationship Management – Must demonstrate excellence in client understanding and interaction and have a track record of managing client relationships over extended periods of time. As a trusted advisor, must interact comfortably and confidently with senior client management and establish immediate credibility through personal presence and demeanor. Must also creatively leverage internal resources to enhance Deloitte’s ability to serve its client base.
Client Delivery - Will be involved in a full range of consulting engagements, from business development and design through to delivery and follow-up. To thrive, must have exacting standards, a drive to learn and achieve, a passion to improve the effectiveness of client organizations, and a deep commitment to accurate delivery. In addition, must show strong evidence of initiative and teamwork and a willingness to learn Deloitte’s methodologies.
Interpersonal/Communication Skills - Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, being equally comfortable discussing key business issues with clients face-to-face and presenting to both small and large groups. Additionally, must have a track record of mentoring both colleagues and clients.
• Develops strong and effective working relationships based on mutual respect and trust;
• Role model who engenders personal followership, loyalty and longevity among team;
• Proactive and moves beyond his or her comfort zone in pursuit of Deloitte’s vision;
• Projects confidence, optimism and energy to encourage people on what they can achieve;
• Strives to help others succeed;
• Shows an active interest in others and cares about them;
• Shows character under pressure;
• Takes charge and makes tough decisions;
• Authentic in his/her leadership style; and
• Demonstrates a “can do attitude”.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted